Malwa’s medieval capital, Mandu is home to various delicacies. Many regions of Madhya Pradesh are known for some common food items like Poha, Malpua, Kachoris etc. Different regions of Malwa are famous for their own specialities, but Mandu is famous for its’ ‘Bhaingan ka bharta’, Dal Bafla, and ‘Arbi ki sabzi’.
A few of the places where one can try out these delicacies are:
1. MPSTDC Malwa Retreat- This place is known for their local dishes like Baingan ka bharta and Arbi ki sabzi as mentioned above.
2. Hotel Gurukripa– In and around Mandu, corn flour is used to make maize flour cakes, sandwiched between two leaves of the aak plant and roasted on an open fire of dried cowpat.
3. Relax Point Restaurant– Located on the Main Road of Mandu, they have some lip-smacking snacks like samosas, and aloo parathas at reasonable prices.
4. Shivani restaurant– This restaurant is located near to Relax Point restaurant, just a few metres away and is a typical canteen style diner which serves pure vegetarian food including thalis plus Mandu’s famous Malai Kofta (dumplings in mild sauce). The Dal Bafla ( lentils cooked in Maize flour) which is like a dumpling is also very good here.
5. Malwa Resort– This restaurant has good food which is offered at pretty reasonable rates. It has a proper dining hall where one can enjoy the local food here as well.
Until the next time, Find RunCations near you using the Madhya Pradesh RunCation App- M.P. RunCation App