Who we are looking for: Content writers, preferably those with a background in History, Heritage Research or Conservation Studies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research content ideas and identify current, relevant, insightful and popular topics related to our heritage run destinations.
- Create in-depth, well researched content on these destinations covering topics such as people, travel, conservation, culture and arts.
- Share content created with the Go Heritage Runs community via our social media channels, our website and our weekly newsletter.
- Have good grammar and editing skills.
- Have a flair for research and conducting interviews.
- Prior experience in writing for academic journals, college magazines is a plus (but not mandatory!)
- Be well-versed with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Familiarity with WordPress and MailChimp/Sendy is a plus (but not mandatory!).
- This is a location-independent position and you can expect to work between 5-10 hours a week.
- A monthly stipend will be provided.
Why You Should Apply:
- You will gain an in-depth historical understanding of our heritage run destinations across the country.
- Your unique perspectives on these heritage run destinations will inform and educate the Go Heritage Run community (over 15,000 strong and growing by the day!)
How To Apply:
- Click here to apply with a note demonstrating why you’d be a good fit for this role – along with at least two of your best writing samples.
- We are specifically looking for candidates who can be dependable, dedicated and inclined to work with us around the year.