Background: At Go Heritage Runs, Design serves a very important purpose. As a startup, good design helps us differentiate. At the same time, we expect design to be practical – it should dispense information in an easy, consumable manner. All design follows a similar theme and incorporates unique elements from the location of the run. Each design is preceded by good research to decide the theme and followed by great execution.
Location: Bangalore, India – can work from home with meetings at our office every two weeks.
Education Qualifications: Undergraduate Design Students preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design social media collateral (posters) and run collateral (run logo, T-shirt, running bib, finisher certificate, finisher medal, event signage, route maps, information booklets)
- Design collateral for our online store (T-shirts and other destination souvenirs – magnets, keychains, bookmarks, etc.)
- Research the cultural and historic elements of run destinations and incorporate these into collateral design – see examples of previous work here.
- Structure all design around the themes of running, heritage and travel.
- This is a part-time position and will require 50-80 hours of effort a month.
- A monthly stipend will be provided.
How to apply: Click here to apply attaching your resume, a link to your portfolio as well as a short note detailing why you’d be a good fit for this role. We are specifically looking for candidates who can be dependable, dedicated and able to work with us through the year.
About GoUNESCO and Go Heritage Runs:
GoUNESCO was founded in 2012 with the objective of making heritage fun. We are supported by UNESCO New Delhi and organize travel challenges, fun runs, internships and the #makeheritagefun series of events (a distributed social media campaign occurring simultaneously at cities around the world to draw attention to heritage). Go Heritage Runs is a spinoff of GoUNESCO – and we have been planning fun runs at heritage sites across India since 2014 – and recently received the Manthan Award in the e-Culture, Heritage and Tourism category. Further, this April, Conde Nast Traveler rated three of runs (Hampi, Badami and Udaipur) as among the most scenic in the country.